Procurement Manager – Longford
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in Kiernan Steel – We are seeking an experienced procurement manager for a full-time permanent role at their head office. This is an opportunity to join a successful and rapidly growing business.
- Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies, and practices for the company.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports, and other report information requested by senior management.
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
- Reporting of all procurement saving.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments.
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Manage and responsible for purchasing department.
- Candidates must have a graduated from one of the following disciplines – Purchasing and supply, Business Studies.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have strong business and commercial acumen.
- Be an experienced negotiator.
- Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers and colleagues.
- Must be a self-starter, be goal focused and work on your own initiative.
- Excellent at working under strict deadlines and ability to prioritize and delegate workload accordingly.
- Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.