Project Manager – Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join an established and growing steel fabrication and erection company, to work on complex projects across Ireland.
Kiernan Steel was established in 1989 and have since become one of the UK and Ireland’s leading structural steel firms. Armed with a Modern state of the art facility which extends almost 18500m2 and equipped with world class machinery and a loyal dedicated workforce it continues to expand and grow year on year.
Kiernan Steel offer the following services to the UK and Irish construction sector:
• Design Engineering and Steel Detailing
• Steel Fabrication
• Steel Erection
• Cladding & Roof Metal Decking
• Floor Metal Decking & Welded Shear Studding
• Castellated Beams & Steel Trusses Manufacture
• Fire Protection and Corrosion Protection Painting
As members of the BCSA; KSSL are fully committed to achieving the best in class in the steel industry with accreditation to ISO 9001,14001, 45001and a CE factory production control certificate up to execution class 4 – KSSL is a leader in quality and control.
KSSL constantly strives to exceed client expectations on project program and budget without risking quality, health & safety or the environment.
What we are looking for:
As an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Overseeing various projects concurrently.
• Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
• Management and supervision of site foremen, engineers and commercial team’s.
• Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress.
• Monitoring working practices including the implementation of risk control measures.
• Managing the activities of KSSL employees and sub-contractors to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with quality specifications.
• Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness.
• Ensure Senior Management are keep updated with site progress and commercial issues.
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
• Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
• To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
• Assist in the preparation of project final accounts.
• Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved.
• Involvement in job procurement and future expansion within the UK market.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the structural steel industry.
• Degree qualified in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Structural Engineering.
• Previous Project Management experience preferably for a steelwork fabricator and erector.
• Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector.
• The ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints.
• Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings.
• Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection.
• A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
• Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus.
• Competent working knowledge of Microsoft project, Navisworks, Excel, Autocad.
• Salary Depending on Experience
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org